Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) incorporated in October 2007. HIFASS was primarily established as a continued effort of the Nigeria Ministry of Defence Health services to provide strategic manpower needs of the Military health facilities so as to meet the health needs of Military personnel, their families and the population around military health facilities, especially for the control of HIV epidemic and other related diseases. Over the years, HIFASS has grown and extended her services beyond the barracks; working in 19 states of the federation, by supporting vulnerable population such as orphans and vulnerable children, caregivers in households, reaching pregnant women accessing antenatal care and providing HIV/AIDS testing services.
Job Title: Medical Officer II - Research
Reports to: Site Team Leader
Open to: All interested Applicants
Work Hours: full-time 40 hours/week
- Under the supervision of the Site Team Leader, the Medical Officer will provide research based medical services for the RV466 protocol being implemented at the site by the NMOD HIP/WRP-N program.
- Clinical care focusing on management of in-patient services in the Medical and Emergency wards of the hospital would be rendered as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions, Duties And Responsibilities
- Implements and oversees the management of clinical research activities and protocols to support the NMOD HIP/WRP-N mission.
- Supervises research staff in support of the RV466 protocol.
- Examines, interviews, counsels and manages RV466 research participants.
- Analyzes data and prepares scientific papers for presentation at local and international meetings and for publication in medical and scientific periodicals.
- Leverages expertise in support of expansion of research activities on site.
- Ensure regular clinical review of site performance with the clinical staff and data officers.
- Will be involved in managing Medicine Department in-patients at the hospital.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
- Performs other assignments as required.