Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
Cedarcrest Hospitals is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Medical Officer
- Reporting primarily to the Clinical Service Manager and secondarily to the Medical Director, the medical officer assist consultants in the day-to-day management of patients under the supervision of the CSM.
- The Medical Officer will also take an active role in overseeing the medical care of patients and the functions performed by medical staff.
- They may participate directly in care when services are being initially implemented. They may also help assess and diagnose needs and plans of action for individual and families.
- Ensuring that patient care and is optimal and is in adherence to the clinical guidelines and Cedarcrest Hospitals’ quality standards.
- Performing inpatient and outpatient review with initial assessment and management.
- Providing necessary documentation on health reports and discharge summaries of patients.
- Liaising with consultants regarding the provision of Inpatient and Outpatient assessment and care, including diagnoses and medication plans.
- Providing medical cover (routine and emergency), during hours of duty and work in conjunction with the other Medical Officers to ensure the provision of a 24 hour service to the hospital.
- Relating with patients’ relatives / caregivers on present state of health and further management.
- Making entries into the patients’ notes as appropriate, following ward rounds or any other patient examinations, communication or procedures.
- Undertaking within your level of experience and competence, certain medical procedures required by your senior colleagues.
- Administering intravenous medications / therapy as required.
- Providing urgent medical attention and urgent treatment to staff in case of accident or sudden illness, in liaison with other clinical staff on duty.
- Certification of deaths, completion of death certificates and all relevant documentation including, if appropriate, cremation forms and any documents required by the coroner.
- Undertaking emergency procedures as required (including resuscitation), taking the lead as necessary.
- Complying with all hospital policies and procedures, in particular those relating to Health and Safety at Work.
- Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations
- Providing general pre- and post-operative care
- Monitoring and administering medication
- Assessing and planning treatment requirements
- Liaising daily with staff including other doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Any other duty as may be assigned to you.