About. Today, Palladium is a leader in developing and delivering positive impact. Our solutions transform lives, businesses, communities, societies and economies, creating enduring value. ... Futures Group used its analytic tools to model the impact of population factors on social and economic development.
Job Title: MEL/HMIS Specialist - Nigeria IHP
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Palladium seeks a MEL/HMIS Specialist for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 7 – Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably supportquality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 7 is to implement priority primary health interventions in the FCT state to strengthen the state local area council (LAC) and ward level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 7 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the TO7 MELP to systematically document performance for technical team to ensure the TO7 implementation is on track
- Generates robust evidence for programmatic learning that leads to action, decision making, and impact
- Together with Senior MEL Manager, ensures the alignment of M&E activities with program goals and contributes to the development of annual work plans to identify TO7 targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities
- Monitors project activities and tracks these activities against the TO7 results framework
- Conducts visits to LGAs as necessary for data validation to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets
- Generates monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators
- Works closely with the FCT stakeholders and trains M&E staff at the LGA, facility, and community levels to build their M&E capacity
- Contributes to the identification, analysis, and synthesis of technical knowledge and evidence-based information in intervention areas including family planning, reproductive, maternal and child health, malaria, nutrition and immunization.
- Coordinates data collection at project states offices to monitor performance and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data, and leads activities to support HMIS strengthening at LGA level
- Collaborates with other partnering implementers on alignment of data collection, analysis, and results reporting
- Oversees the data migration and reconstruction efforts with the facility, LGAs, SMOH, and other stakeholders on the ground
- Facilitates training surveys and ensures quality of data and data management activities at the facility level
- Trains staff on database (HMIS) and answers questions related to the system
- Reports to Senior MEL Manager