Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is a non-profit international development organization based in Washington, DC. CNFA's mission is to increase and sustain rural incomes in less developed areas of the world by assisting farmers and rural entrepreneurs.
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is recruiting for MEL Officer (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer)
The five-year USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity aims to strengthen the enabling environment for agribusiness finance and investment. To achieve this goal, the Activity focuses on four interrelated components: improving the enabling environment for agricultural sector growth; broadening access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; promoting and facilitating investment opportunities for agribusinesses to expand and scale up operations; and sustainably enhancing the performance of agribusiness micro, small and medium size enterprises (MSMEs). In line with the U.S. and Nigerian governments’ commitment to growing the non-oil-based economy, these efforts will increase the depth, breadth, dynamism, and competitiveness of Nigeria’s agribusiness sector.
Beginning in December 2018 and closing in December 2023, the $15.7million Agribusiness Investment Activity, with Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) as the prime implementing partner, aims to viably and sustainably link thousands of MSMEs and producer organizations with high-performing commercial actors in the rice, maize, soybean, aquaculture, and cowpea value chains. As a result of streamlined regulations, more effective policies, improved production and processing practices, and significantly increased finance and investment flows, the Activity will increase the competitiveness and returns of both large, medium and small-scale agricultural enterprises. The overall objective of the Activity is to measurably improve the agribusiness investment climate in Nigeria, which plays a pivotal role in attracting foreign direct and domestic investment, leading to food security and improved nutrition.
Reporting to the MEL Manager, the MEL Officer will support all Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities, and be solely responsible for managing data collection activities and maintaining all databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the design of the Activity’s MEL System, including development of Activity MEL Plans, MEL Field Manuals, Data collection toolkits, and databases.
- Support the implementation of the Activity MEL system, including tracking and reporting of KPI status/results, periodic surveys, CLA activities, knowledge management, learning activities and reporting.
- Ensure the collection of quality and robust monitoring data including GIS data and relevant attribution information by providing continuous supervisory support to the State Agribusiness Coordinators and other technical staff on the use of data collection tools and methods.
- Perform monthly analysis of Activity monitoring data and submit reports/statistics showing the status of the Activity’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure that Activity databases (both digital databases and filing system for hardcopy documents) contain updated information on beneficiary stakeholders and outputs from activity supported interventions.
- Undertake regular performance field visits to obtain beneficiary feedback, perform data quality verifications, and identify challenges, key success factors, and lesson learned.
- Provide continuous support to technical staff on data collection and to ensure timely data collection, analyses, reporting, and completion of other MEL activities.
- Perform the analysis and reporting of post-event evaluation assessments for trainings and events organised or co-organised by the Activity.
- Upload Activity KPI targets and results on USAID MONITOR, Feed The Future Monitoring System, CNFA’s M&E database, and other relevant databases adhering to specified timelines and regulations.
- Draft MEL Unit progress reports including quarterly reports, semi-annual reports, annual reports and annual work plans.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements provided in the Activity contract, USAID regulations, CNFA standards and, if/where applicable, host country government requirements.
- Complete other duties as necessary and assigned by the MEL Manager and/or Chief of Party.