CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Job Title: Micro Business Development Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Project Manager
Location: Nguru, Yobe State.
Slots: 1 Position.
Responsibility No 1:
- Management of the income generation/ cash component according to contractual requirements, operating priorities:
- Develop work plan in collaboration with project team members according to the proposal
- Make sure that specific project components are implemented according to contractual requirements, both in relation to project implementation and financial management
- Conduct periodic assessments to ensure project implementation is happening according to the agreed upon work plans and budgets
- Liaise closely with other agencies working in the same geographic regions and/or sectors to ensure coordination and avoid overlap.
Responsibility No 2:
- Program quality of the project is ensured during each phase of the project implementation process:
- Conduct regular progress review meetings with field teams and stakeholders to ensure quality is maintained and address any problems
- Make sure field teams collect relevant information on outputs, outcomes and impact, in both qualitative and quantitative form, based on reporting formats
Responsibility No 3:
Provide technical inputs/ Trainings:
- Provide technical input on income generation activities/ micro business development/ cash for work procedures to the beneficiaries
- Conduct technical trainings to the beneficiaries to implement income generating activities
- Visit field locations frequently to monitor income generating/ micro business activities of the beneficiaries
- Provide training on Cash for Work/ Food for Assets process and procedures