UNDP has been in Nigeria since the country became independent in 1960 providing capacity building and policy development support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development. UNDP continues to support, the government in the preparation of the second National Implementation Plan of the National Vision 20:2020. UNDP works in partnership with the Federal Government of Nigeria, development partners, UN agencies, civil society and local communities to help identify local solutions to meet national development challenges through a range of interventions that combine UNDP’s expertise and comparative advantage in the areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Job Id: 28863
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - Monitoring and Evaluation
Posting Type: Common System
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and Coordinator, the incumbent will act as the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and will be expected to perform the following key functions:
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation activities in the implementation of the Project Document and Annual Work Plans: The incumbent will provide highest quality monitoring and evaluation support to the Integrated Approach to Building Peace in Nigeria’s Farmer-Herder Crisis Project as well as the Transitioning from Humanitarian Relief to Long Term Development, Addressing the Herdsmen-Farmer Crisis Project (HSTF).
- Working in close collaboration with the partners and stakeholders the incumbent will ensure result-based and cost-effective execution of the project activities through quality monitoring and evaluation advisory support, provide robust analysis for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports in the targeted States to advise on potential UN/UNDP Country Office, national and donor response.
- Guide and coordinate assessments, surveys, studies and reporting: Incumbent shall support the Country Office (CO) to prepare/complete Project and other reporting documents; develop tools, indicators, and coordinate fieldwork as when needed.
- Tracking and monitoring of project implementation: She / he shall regularly update on progress towards implementation of the annual work plan; and support the CO’s effort on research, provide input into resource mobilization documents and partnership building
- Support the development of knowledge products: The incumbent shall assist in the development of knowledge products – tools, methodologies, situation briefs, updates or reports; and prepare and submit to UNDP regular project reports (progress and annual), as well as, regular mission reports and make useful recommendations that can help to deepen the project impact/results.