Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Geidam LGA, Yobe
Scope of the Vacancy
- The M&E Officer will provide support to multi-sectorial intervention towards IDPs in NE Nigeria (WFP Funded Interventions) in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the program by managing data and facilitating program implementation at state level, under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager.
- The M&E Officer will be responsible for data gathering, analysis and reporting activities.
- S/he will assist in tracking progress of key indicators and provide timely reports to the Project Manager and Programme Manager.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, and in collaboration with the Project Managers, Field Coordinators, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he/she will:
- Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring
- Quantify methods and identify data sources for program performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective program component teams.
- Conducting project baseline, end line and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits
- Facilitate training of staff, Community Mobilisers and partners in the M&E data collection tools and participate in the sensitization of beneficiaries in collaboration with program teams.
- Support in collating and analysing monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities
- Ensure proper monitoring of the program, focusing on overall M&E framework of the projects
- Present and analyse data based on information needs of project team and partners and support in data base management.
- Analysing of data, report development and submission of M&E reports
- Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the program team.
- Review of reporting made against indicators
- Drafting and sharing lessons learnt from the different project intervention for programme development and quality control
- Work with program teams to ensure COOPI information on program activities is shared within LGAs and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks
- Collaborate with government and humanitarian partners to ensure the smooth sharing of information in consultation with the Project Manager/Field Coordinator/Program Manager
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up Complaint Response Mechanism at Ward/ LGA level and handling complaint/ feedback.
- Provide support to the programs at LGA level and within the communities
- Directly supervise data entry and data cleaning activities by the data entry clerks
- Analyse and provide information regarding general context at the LGA level and explore opportunities in support of partnership, building initiatives with LGA level government and other humanitarian actors.
- Assist program teams in the selection of beneficiaries as per the established procedure from the project proposal.
- Assist the program team in the selection of Community Mobilizers to facilitate the process of beneficiariesТ selection.
- Capacity Development
- Assist the Programme Manager to provide training on monitoring and evaluation that include sampling, data collection, data cleaning, analysis and reporting guidelines to all program staff. Coach data entry clerks and project officers on data cleaning
- Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)