Save the Children is the world leading independent organization for children. We strive to give children and environment in which their human rights and needs are respected and protected so that they can realize their full potential. We are committed to ensuring that children realize the right to survival, protection, development and participation which they are entitled to under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.We seek to employ qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
Job ID: 19000405
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Reporting to: MEAL Coordinator
- Level 3. The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people. In the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3.
- As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis.
- The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Role Purpose and Description
- The post holder assists in the implementation of the programme MEAL and research framework that will generate evidence, maintain accountability standards and ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- S/he assists in providing support to the programme internal and external assessments, reviews and surveys.
Key Areas of AccountabilityProgramme Quality:
- Assist the MEAL team to provide high quality support and capacity building to implementation teams.
- Support project, state, national/global reporting processes thereby contributing to high quality project reporting, leading in data quality assurance and compliance with reporting requirements.
- Ensure and increase utilisation of accountability approaches, such as participation, complaints and response mechanisms.
- Ensure the integration of programme information management with the National Management Information System (MIS).
- Actively contribute to the process of learning, evaluation, capturing and disseminating lessons from the programme for continuous improvement of programme performance and overall outcome
- Positively influence and capacity build project staff and partners at various levels
Representation, Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- In collaboration with the SC colleagues, feed into learning, experiences and evidence to relevant global advocacy objectives.
- In collaboration with SCI staff, contribute with analysis towards organizational learning around technical areas as well as processes and outputs
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.