Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
Locations: Damaturu, Yobe State & Maiduguri, Borno
Position Type: Regular
Slot: 2 Openings
Duration: 4 months (extendable)
- Responsible for Food Livelihood and Nutrition Security (FLNS) Project Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL).
- The MEAL Officer will design implement cost effective, innovative robust MEAL system. The MEAL will continually review the practicality and effectiveness and suggest modifications as necessary of the MEAL system.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Develop an appropriate MEAL system in line with the FLNS Sector design and objectives:
- Continually examine specific FLNS Sector and project output components to be monitored and evaluated.
- Develop monitoring, accountability and reporting tools for the respective projects’ and programs’ outputs, suggest modifications and develop new and appropriate tools as necessary.
- Provide routine guidance to FLNS Sector on field testing and use of new innovative monitoring tools as they are developed and refine them for FLNS Sector use.
Facilitate the implementation of FLNS Sector MEAL system and ensure accuracy of data and information collected:
- Take the lead in training all FLNS Sector staff in understanding and use of all monitoring and reporting tools.
- Review field reports to ensure that they respond to the FLNS Sector objectives and comply with sector indicators.
Ensure FLNS Sector data and information collected are analyzed and made accessible to the management in a form usable for decision-making:
- Establish a filing system for various program activities to ensure easy retrieval of information as and when needed.
- Develop an appropriate project data base of the sector to facilitate processing of required information.
- Continually analyze FLNS Sector field data to verify status as and when necessary, and produce daily, weekly, monthly/quarterly data computation and analysis reports for use by project/project management.
- Verify the validity of field data by making routine field visits to check adherence to agreed data collection methods and authenticity of collected information.
- Documentations of lessons learnt, good practices and support the FLNS writing refereed papers for publication
Supervision, Liaison and collaboration with other projects, and agencies (e.g. UN, INGOs, State and Local Government Area (LGA):
- Supervise, review and coordinate contracted consultants and any other persons assigned to MEAL officer
- Facilitate collaboration on MEAL with other agencies in the region to ensure uniformity in tracking of FLNS Sector indicators.
- Promote good PR and enhance CARE’s positive image during presentations
- Perform any other monitoring and evaluation duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Sector Manager or her/his designate.