Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job ID: 13-10174
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Project/Program: A577 - PMI-S
Reports To: Senior M&E Advisor
Slot: 2 Openings
- The objective of the M&E Officer position is to assist in the management of the M&E System in the roll-out of PMI-S malaria M&E plan in the states integrating it with other health systems and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated PMI-S malaria project M & E plan in collaboration with the other team members.
- Participate in the implementation of project M&E plan and reporting formats for PMI indicators and targets in collaboration with the team;
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the PMI-S central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing states and health facilities.
- Participate in building the capacity of SMEP M&E staff and other relevant health and community workers in data collection, summarization, analysis and reporting.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits at the state level.
- Monitor, supervise and mentor state and LGA M & E officers;
- Work with the DHIS2 officer to ensure states are reporting data in a timely manner.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Participate in M & E coordination meetings at the national and state levels;
- Produce program performance reports and submit to management monthly and quarterly
- Work with PMI-S management to document and publish best practices identified at the state and LGA levels.
Perform any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.