Breakthrough ACTION / Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer I
Locations: Abuja & Ebonyi
- This position will support the overall data management system of the project at the State office including but not limited to conducting data collection, entry and cleaning, and providing technical support for research activities.
- The incumbent will maintain regular communication with state-level partners and other stakeholders to offer data-required support.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officers will also enter and clean activity data, monitor paper flow of data collection forms and check for data accuracy.
- Perform data entry and cleaning, and assist in the management of quantitative data sets
- Support program monitoring and evaluation tasks, including the implementation of M&E systems (data collection, paper flow management, data management and results reporting)
- Participate in the training of staff/partners and consultants in M&E data collection and processing
- Actively contribute to and support project implementation activities
- Participate in the development of work plans and budget for project M&E activities
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Carry out other tasks as assigned to support JHU-CCP’s projects
Qualification & Skills
- HND or Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Working knowledge of data processing computer packages (e.g. EpiInfo, Epidata)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to verbally communicate in at least one Nigerian language (Ibo for Ebonyi & Hausa for FCT)
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability and willingness to travel as required within and between project states
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Ability to work legally in Nigeria
- MUST have experience working with databases
- Any other assignment as directed by organization.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV only as one PDF document to: email@example.com the subject line of your e-mail should be the job title along with the location. E.g. “ Monitoring & Evaluation Officer I, Abuja".
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review.
Your Cover Letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and Cover Letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: JOHN ADO).
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here