MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RF Technical Specialist
Division: Network Group
Core purpose of the Job:
- To support to the RF P&O and Special Projects Engineers in terms of technology research & development, development of new RF solutions, assisting with high level problem solving, policing/ensuring integrity and consistency of network and tools data across the entire network, and ensuring that only quality equipment and tools are deployed in the MTN network
- Monitor network performance and configuration to ensure conformance with KPIs across all regions
- Support the RF P&O team with high level network problem solving, technical solutions
- Support the Special Projects team with technology research and network value added coverage and capacity solutions
- Inter department collaboration / interface with other Network Group divisions particularly Operations
- Understanding the telecommunication industry (local and international) trends and developments in order to assess the impact on MTN’s current and future business
- Responsible for conducting competitor benchmarking tests
- From time to time delegate for the National RF Technical Manager when out of the office on leave etc.
Network Quality Assurance:
- Regularly monitor, track and report network data inconsistencies/discrepancies
- Perform Quality Assurance Drive Test at random to give independent report on network performance
- Ensure Quarterly reporting of competitive network performance benchmarking from drive test exercise through the X-plor systems of other means
High Level Support:
- Assist RP&O staff with investigating and solving problems in the radio network
- BSS/OSS Software Releases
- Evaluate the functionality and relevance of new BSS / OSS software
- Ensure that MTN takes full advantage of all advanced radio features made available in new BSS/OSS software releases
- Technical Investigations Perform technical investigations into topics related to radio network design and performance, such as
- New types of hardware
- New design methodologies
- New Radio Planning and Optimisation Tools
- Evaluate the functionality and complexity of new P&O products or tools on the market
- Development of Software Tools Identify new software requirements and participate in the specification of all custom software tools, such as:
- NetCfg Aircom suite
- Optima queries
- CDR Analysis
- Knowledge of network - Maintain at all times a detailed knowledge of the total network. This includes:
- No of nodes in the core network and active sites
- Site Build configurations
Network performance in accordance with KPIs of RF Planning and Optimisation
- Ensure that MTN Nigeria is kept informed on the services and quality offered by other networks.
- Technological and industry awareness
- Maintain an awareness of the latest technological and industry developments that may affect the cellular business
Maintain a working knowledge of MTN’s products, services and tariffs.
- Normal MTNN office environment.
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office.