Human Capital Partners (HCP) is a professional services firm specialising in the provision of professional services covering the entire spectrum of the Human Resources function. HCP is the successor firm of the erstwhile Executive Selection and Training Services group of KPMG in Nigeria. The Group existed as the Executive Selection unit within Arthur Andersen Nigeria and in 2002, became KPMG Nigeria’s Executive Selection & Training Services Group. The practice was established as an independent entity in July 2011. Human Capital Partners is a member of the International People Services Network, a network of independent but collaborating ex-KPMG firms operating globally and is registered with the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, The Nigerian Institute of Training and Development, and the Centre for Management Development (CMD) Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Title: National Coordinator, Forest Rehabilitation Programme
Job Description / Summary
- We are seeking the services of a highly competent, result-oriented, talented and self-motivated individual to fill the role of a National Coordinator, Forest Rehabilitation Programme.
- The role holder will be responsible for the overall planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Forest Rehabilitation programme.
- Review, research, analyse and present information gathered from diverse sources on matters pertaining to forestry in Nigeria, and keep abreast with developments linked to emerging threats and operational trends in order to support well-informed managerial decisions on programmes and projects’ design, implementation and monitoring
- Coordinate and liaise closely with government counterparts and other key stakeholders, including development partners and other international and regional organizations, civil society and the private sector, when appropriate and as necessary, for the effective organization and delivery of technical and capacity-building activities on forest rehabilitation in Nigeria
- Participate, facilitate and/or provide substantive expertise at conferences, seminars, workshops, roundtable discussions, consultative meetings, and any other relevant fora on forestry. Plan and prepare training and community development activities pertaining to forestry
- Provide substantive and operational guidance to relevant staff and partners supporting the implementation of initiatives. Ensure effective implementation of the organisation’s standard operating procedures and conduct an effective monitoring of performance, as well as timely production of results.
- Keep track of expenditures to ensure alignment with initial budget allocations, and report on variances
- Draft/ update programme documents, work plans, annual budgets, proposals’ budgets and narrative content, etc. for all initiatives under the Forest Rehabilitation Programme. Provide analyses and highlight noteworthy issues/trends for consideration by Management
- Prepare and draft a variety of written outputs that relate to the implementation of the initiatives, such as background and research papers, evaluation reports, briefings and presentations
- Contribute to the Organisation’s input to various national planning instruments.