UN Women - In July 2010, the United nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Evaluation Consultant
Location: Abuja, NIGERIA
Additional Category: Gender Equality
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Duration of Initial Contract: 30 Working Days
- UN Women is seeking to contract a National Evaluation Consultant to support the conduct of the Country Portfolio Evaluation. The National Evaluation Consultant will be contracted between October and December 2019. The estimated number of workingdays required is 30 days spread over a three-month period.
- Under the supervision of the lead evaluators from the Independent Evaluation Service (IES) of the Independent Evaluation and Audit Services (IEAS), the national consultant will provide support to Independent Evaluation Service-led country portfolio evaluation of the UN Women office in Nigeria. Specifically, the national consultant will:
- Support conduct of in-depth stakeholder analysis, with focus on the principle of ‘leave no one behind’, and analysis of partners of UN Women based on agreed criteria;
- Conduct initial desk review, and analysis of available reference material (e.g. country programme related documents, project documents, financial and operational data, evaluation reports, and national reports), and support the preparation of a concise inception report providing a context analysis for UN Women’s country programme; description of the UN Women’s programme and progress to date. The template of the inception report will be shared by IES.
- Based on the results of the preliminary analysis above, support identification, and mapping of the outcome theory of change, specific questions, gaps, and issues requiring validation during the field-based data mission. The theory of change will be validated with UN Women and national stakeholders during the data collection mission.
- Take part in data collection activities (interviews, surveys, focus group discussions etc) in accordance with the evaluation design and methodology as guided by the Independent Evaluation Service lead evaluation managers.
- Systematize information reported on results or contribution to outcomes and support the preparation of draft evaluation and final evaluation reports.
- Provide interview notes to the evaluation team. Be responsible for following up on individual work schedules (e.g., scheduling and conduct of required interviews and field visits) in consultation with the IES lead evaluation manager and the country office evaluation task manager.
- All data collected by the National Evaluation Consultant must be submitted to the evaluation manager in Word or Excel formats and is the property of UN Women. Proper storage of data is essential for ensuring confidentiality.
- All products are subject to quality review by the lead evaluators; the inception, draft and final evaluation report will be shared with the evaluation reference group, and the evaluation management group for quality review.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management of Evaluation and responsibilities:
This evaluation will have the following structures:
- Evaluation Specialists of the Independent Evaluation and Audit Service will manage the coordination and day-to-day management and serve as the team leader, leading methodological approach, collection of data, analysis and writing;
- Evaluation team: evaluation team members may include an evaluation analyst responsible for key analytical tasks, systematization of information and contribution to analysis and report preparation; thematic expert/s to provide substantive feedback on the key thematic areas of UN Women Nigeria; National evaluator to support the data collection in country and provide key contextual information.
- Evaluation Management Group for administrative support and accountability: Country Representative, Assigned Evaluation Focal Point, Deputy Country Representative;
- Evaluation Reference Group for substantive technical support: UN Women programme, National government partners, Civil Society representatives, Development partners/donors, UNCT representatives.
- Report of Desk Review analysis submitted by lead consultant
- Tools for data collection submitted by lead consultant
- Report of the ERG meetings
Click on the following link to review the complete Terms of Reference (TOR): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FIndUXK-_UPU45DcsW_9-DHu6DEByJX0/view?usp=sharing