Primarily funded by the Federal Government, the Ministry currently superintends almost fifty parastatals operating as either key departments or agencies across the country. View our Agencies (13), Agricultural Research Institutes (17) and Federal Colleges of Agricultural Education (16) - here The Ministry has 2 major departments namely Technical and Service Departments Technical Departments: Agriculture (Trees and Crops), Fisheries, Livestock, Land Resources, Fertilizer, Food Reserve & Storage and Rural Development. Service Departments: Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, PPAS (Plan, Policy, Analysis & Statistics) and Co-operatives
Job Title: National Procurement Officer (NPO)
- In pursuant of the Federal Government Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) and the need to ensure self-sufficiency In domestic food production, the FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (IFAD-VCDP) under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development was set up to support Federal Governments strategic vision for growth and development through strengthening of the agricultural sector in order to increase food security, accelerate economic growth and reduce vulnerability for smallholder farmers particularly women and youths.
- The Project Development Objective (PDO) initiative is anchored on promotion of Agriculture Productivity Enhancement on a sustainable basis, Incomes and food security of poor rural households engaged in the production, processing and marketing of Rice and Cassava in Six States of Anambra, Benua, Ebonyi Niger, Ogun and Taraba States”.
- Consequently, Expression of Interest (EOI) is hereby solicited from suitably qualified and interested candidates to participate in the FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (IFAD-VCDP).
- The National Procurement Officer (NPO) will be responsible for the coordination of the procurement of goods, works and services financed under the Project.
- The procurement Officer would be responsible for the management of programme procurement activities as part of Programme Implementation arrangements, in accordance with relevant National and IFAD Procurement Guidelines, and building capacities of other Programme Implementing Partners.
- Undertake procurement activity as per the draft Procurement Plan which provides the estimated costs and the basis for the procurement methods for each procurement item under the programme.
- Prepare technical specifications for procurement of goods, works and services.
- Prepare bidding documents, tender notices, and invitations for bids
- Receive, open and evaluate bids, as well as finalize contracts
- Administer contracts to ensure compliance with the contracts conditions, payment terms.
- Maintain all the records relating to procurement.
- Maintain a separate records relating to complaints and their redressal,
- Update periodically the Procurement Plan in agreement with the Programme team to reflect the actual programme implementation needs and improvements in institutional capacity
- Ensure implementation of agreed procurement arrangements.
- Prepare procurement implementation reports in accordance with the reporting requirements of IFAD and the Government for the NPMU and consolidated reports for the entire programme.
- Providing guidance and supervision to the states, the beneficiaries and service providers.
- Ensure that the procurement capacity of the states, beneficiaries and service providers is developed
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be based in the Headquarters, Abuja, but may involve occasional travel to participating States. The NPO will report directly to the NPC.
Details of the Contract:
- Two year contract, renewable if the project is extended and based on performance.