The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Programme Support Officer (IBM)
SVN No. : SVN2020.006
Organizational Unit: Immigration and Border Management (IBM)
IOM Classification: NOA
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Manager (IBM), the successful candidate will be required to work as a member of a team of IBM staff towards the successful implementation of IOM IBM related projects in the country. In particular, s/he will;
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Implementation, Procedures, Monitoring and Reporting:
- Support in the coordination of all IBM projects.
- Provide administrative support to IBM projects that focus on Migration Information and Data Analysis System (MIDAS) and other related deployments, including installations, training and monitoring project staff applying quality control to all aspects of the various projects’ implementation, and preparing regular implementation, progress, budgetary expenditure, donor and other required reports in accordance with the Organization’s procedures and regulations.
- Participate in the review of national project proposals for submission to specific donors in utilizing and advancing Border Management Information Systems in Nigeria, standardized capacity building approaches, data collection, storage and management, geared towards building a border data system architecture that operates on real time data exchange.
- Coordinate and liaise with IBM colleagues on the progress of projects implementation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all IOM IBM projects in Nigeria and manage information flows.
- Assist in tracking project objectives, outputs and indicators committed.
- Draft reports (regular updates, briefings, etc.) of project activities as requested by the Senior Programme Manager, checking that they are appropriate to the target and location as indicated in the proposal and also ensure timely programmatic support to installation of equipment.
- Draft accurate and concise input for success stories.
- Assist the Senior Programme Manager in monitoring the financial management of all IBM projects.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings related to the thematic area of expertise, organize and conduct briefings particularly in connection with project development and maximizing project performance levels.
- Maintain and coordinate records of projects files and documents related to Procurement, HR and Finance.
Management, Finance and Procurement:
- Forecast cash flows according to activities in the Project and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with the donor agreement.
- Monitor budget control and analyse variances between the project budget and actual expenditures.
- Assist and create projects on PRIMA.
- Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training project staff in the relevant areas of administration and finance. Facilitate and support knowledge building and sharing in IOM's policies and procedures.
- Assist in Prepare all internal and donor financial reports for IBM in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures, and in compliance with donor requirements.
- Monitor stock levels of IOM prepositioned IBM equipment to ensure they are correctly installed in the correct location.
- Liaise with IOM Procurement and Logistics unit for the follow up of the procurement of IBM equipment and the delivery in a timely manner.
- General operations troubleshooting and contribute to problem solving.
- Monitoring of project budget and financial expenditures and all administrative procedures in line with the workplan, alert Senior Programme Manager on shortfalls and over-expenditures.
- Review advance and Liquidation requests and initiate corrective action where necessary.
- Provide management support and information operations of the IBM Unit.
Stakeholder Management, Coordination and Liaison:
- Support the coordination and management of communications.
- Participate in meetings with UN agencies, NGO’s and other Stakeholders as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.