ipNX Nigeria Limited is a leading provider of infrastructure-based Telecommunications and Information Technology services here in Nigeria. Leveraging more than a decade of experience, the company was formed by the divestment of the telecommunications services division of Telnet Nigeria Limited and has been in operation for many years. ipNX currently provides a range of communications and IT services to Corporate organizations within Nigeria on its IP (Internet Protocol) based communications network using both radio and satellite communications technologies. As part of its growth strategy, ipNX seeks to also extend its services to small and medium sized businesses and residential customers. In the long term, ipNX has determined that it needs also to have a strategic presence in the wire line market to ensure that we will be able to provide future services, which require high bandwidth in the last mile.
Job Title: Network Administrator
Job ID: 63
Department: Information Systems and Technology
Function: Network Administration and Security
Reporting to: Head, System Operations
Travel Frequency: N/A
Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of the job is to primarily support highly complex systems including the overall administration, security, redundancy of our enterprise network infrastructure.
Expected Key Results:
- Overall uptime of network systems
- Maintain secure and compliant network processes and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Minimum 2.2/Upper Credit, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an IT Network Engineer
- An in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of System Network design and management.
- Implementation and administration of data and VOIP networks (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi).
- Experience in an enterprise environment.
- Previous experience working in a Cyber/Network Security role would be a plus.
- Experience with advanced network concepts and technologies: QoS, CoS, VoIP, flow control.
- Relevant hands-on experience with the following technology or equivalent: Cisco switches, routers, VPN, VOIP, and wireless access.
- Experience working in a multi-platform (LINUX, Mac-OS and Windows) environment.
- Possession of CCNA certification; CCIE and/or CISSP an added advantage.
- Knowledge of software development process, quality control, and impact assessment is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills to drive organizational chang
- Strong team player
- Ability to mentor less experienced engineers
- Solid problem solver
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new tool sets, technology and concepts
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects effectively; deal with changing priorities, and to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to present information and ideas clearly and succinctly and to explain various application software and hardware to end users.
Interested and qualified candidates should address their Cover Letters to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Human Capital Management,
Note: All Pre-service & I.T Internship Cover Letters should state the duration of the internship.