Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Engineer (L3) Team Lead
Reports To: Head of Service
- Their primary responsibility is to ensure the provision of a service to clients ensuring that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore service to clients by managing incidents to resolution. Their objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions.
- The Network Engineer (L3) / Team Lead focuses on ensuring all lines of support for complex incidents through the effective management and leadership of a team of Network Engineers.
- They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts.
- Where software is a component of the solution, they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Identify problems and errors:
- The Network Engineer (L3) / Team Lead identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur. He or she will log such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail with all the necessary.
- They liaise with all stakeholders including client IT environments, vendors, carriers and Organisation colleagues to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution.
Ensure resolution of incidents and requests:
- They investigate second line support calls assigned to them and identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
- They ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests. This could involve ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product requests and liaising with other team members.
- They will also report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary.
- They take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 3rd line support team.
Ensure continuous feedback:
- They provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by the Company.
- When required, they will take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk.
- They assist in analyzing, assigning and escalating the support calls.
- They also provide telephonic support to clients where required. They update incidents with progress and resolution details.
- Network Engineers (L3) / Team Leads that work shifts will be required to follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity.
- They complete and maintain any shift handover schedules.
- They act as people managers to a team of Network Engineers, taking responsibility for the operational management of the team, creating and executing plans and reporting on team activities in the required forums.
- They also ensure that employees reporting to them are engaged and understand their career opportunities, by taking responsibility for the training and development of their team members.
- Network Engineers (L3) / Team Leads are also responsible for producing breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes.
- They identify failures and short-comings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
- Network Engineers (L3) / Team Leads are required to strictly comply with all processes and procedures as prescribed by the Organisation and the client when relevant.
- Their ability to communicate well and to capture all pertinent details when required will contribute to their success.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when it occurs and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required.
- Act as a people manager to a team of Network Engineers, take responsibility for the operational management of the team, create and execute plans and report on team activities in the required forums.
- Produce breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes.