ipNX Nigeria Limited is a leading provider of infrastructure-based Telecommunications and Information Technology services here in Nigeria. Leveraging more than a decade of experience, the company was formed by the divestment of the telecommunications services division of Telnet Nigeria Limited and has been in operation for many years. ipNX currently provides a range of communications and IT services to Corporate organizations within Nigeria on its IP (Internet Protocol) based communications network using both radio and satellite communications technologies. As part of its growth strategy, ipNX seeks to also extend its services to small and medium sized businesses and residential customers. In the long term, ipNX has determined that it needs also to have a strategic presence in the wire line market to ensure that we will be able to provide future services, which require high bandwidth in the last mile.
Job Title: Network Implementation & Support Engineer
Job ID: 48
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Business Division
Function: Implementation & Support
Reporting to: Team Lead, Operations & Maintenance (East)
Travel Frequency: Occasionally
Purpose of the Job
- To improve on the SLAs with customers by reducing the MTTR which also translates to improve service to customers.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Minimum of 2.2 / Upper Credit Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Electronics or any IT related Degree
- Customer centric and stakeholders’ management
- Good LAN / WAN network design and implementation skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems in the shortest available time using honed analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors and members of team.
- Ability to use network monitoring/optimization devices (software/hardware) to proffer solutions to network related problem and optimize network performance where necessary.
- Experience with Wireless Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint technologies is desirable.
- At least 2 years in the telecommunications industry.
- Customer Focus
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning.
- Expected Key Results:
- Corporate / FOS Incident Management
- Preventive Maintenance
- Re-sale Engineering
- Report Management
- Back Office Support
- Project Implementation Management
- Inventory Management.
Interested and qualified candidates should address their Cover Letters to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Human Capital Management,
Note: All Pre-service & I.T Internship Cover Letters should state the duration of the internship.