Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Networks Operating Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Business partners: (Huawei, ZTE, and Ericsson )
- We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of Network Operations on a contract basis. The role holder will be responsible for:
- Resolution of all HW/SW issues related to the RAN (2G/3G/4G).
- Audit Network configuration to ensure that all the nodes are running with latest software and resolution of all inconsistencies.
- Analyze technical traces to isolate technical issues on RAN.
- Supervise and conduct acceptance test for all new nodes to be integrated into the network
- Supervise RAN software roll-out after first node implementation
- Track Network performance (Various KPIs and Network Availability).
- Ensure implementation of preventive activities by MS Team in order to improve network performance.
- Provide guidance to the MS team during hardware and software change implementation
- Supervise all special events projects like improvement drives, festival target optimization (Christmas, EID & New Year etc).
- Provide support for all RAN related issues coming from Customer Service Delivery
- Provide technical support to the regions on all RAN related issues.
- Provide regular updates on the state of the network
- Sign off of all network outages
- Provide Emergency/Monthly/weekly network report
- Monitor Network node availability
- Ensure adherence to SLA where necessary ensuring Airtel interest is not jeopardized at all times