Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
In order to maintain One Acre Fund's ambitious growth trajectory, the New Country Expansion team has identified Nigeria as a critical country to expand to, and we have begun our pilot program in Minna, Niger State.
One Acre Fund is seeking an exceptional project management professional with 3-5+ years of experience to support new projects focused on maximizing impact and scale over the next 5 years.
In 2019, the Nigeria pilot program expanded to serve +500 farmers, with an emphasis on learning what our customers want and how to provide it sustainably. The Impact Ventures department is looking to trial projects that complement and support the Nigeria pilot program that are faster to scale and generate significant impact. As the Impact Ventures Coordinator, you will support the team responsible for daily interactions with our farmers while exploring new project opportunities. The Impact Ventures team is essential to rapidly scaling and increasing One Acre Fund’s impact through non-traditional opportunities and this role will play a major role in supporting Impact Ventures initiatives and shaping the future of Impact Ventures in Nigeria. The Impact Ventures Coordinator will report to the Impact Ventures Nigeria Associate and may be responsible for managing a small field-focused team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- You will support early-stage trials by spending lots of time in the field interviewing farmers, managing the roll-out of trials, and identifying/understanding/addressing key challenges
- You will support the Impact Ventures team in the launch of the department’s program in Nigeria while exploring and testing ways to increase our overall scale and impact.
- You will lead efforts to understand new project opportunities and anticipated challenges associated with new projects.
- You will develop training materials, surveys, interviews and conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- You will coordinate execution of a variety of projects and trials while tracking key performance indicators to ensure excellent execution of trials.
- You will work closely with the Nigeria pilot program and other stakeholders on tasks such as opportunity identification, salesmanship, impact analysis, and customer satisfaction.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Nigeria.