Helen Keller International (HKI) - Established in 1915, Helen Keller International (HKI) works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged persons. We combat the cause and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa (including Nigeria), Asia as well as in the United States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NTD Program Officer
Locations: Adamawa, Borno and Katsina
Reports to: NTDs Coordinator
- Under the supervision of the NTDs Coordinator, the NTDs Program Officer assists with the formulation, execution, monitoring and evaluation of NTDs program in the State. He/she ensures consistency with the project set priorities and outcomes in the state.
- In collaboration with the state coordinator, facilitate the creation and implementation of a detailed annual work-plan, which identifies sequences of activities needed to successfully implement the project in the most cost-effective manner and ensure project objectives are met in line with national policies, HKI’s goals and those of the donor.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, facilitate the development and roll out of detailed implementation plans (DIP) to scale up Mass drug Administration (MDA) in endemic LGAs with the view to eliminate and control NTDs
- Review the project schedule with HKI State Coordinator and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise and regularly review the schedule as required.
- In collaboration with the other stakeholders, ensure HKI program partners execute the project according to their respective project plans;
- Document project activities and ensure that all project data is appropriately secured;
- Monitor the progress of the project implementation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully implemented;
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project;
- In collaboration with the HKI finance officer and other project staff, ensure project funds are utilized and retired according to established accounting policies and procedures.
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
- In collaboration with M&E officer, assist with the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools according to HKI, FMOH and donor standards;
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by FMOH, HKI and donor.
- Internally and when requested, support external evaluations on the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase of the project and as required.
- Disseminate findings from assessment/evaluations to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development;
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Build and maintain working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility;
- Represent HKI towards local partners and at other appropriate fora;
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successful implementation of the projects based on:
- Effective tracking and reporting of program indicators
- Implementation of annual work plans in collaboration with other project staff and government stakeholders