Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako, Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey. Society for Family Health Nigeria has a mission to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier lives. Working with the private and public sectors, SFH adopts social marketing and behaviour change communication to improve access to essential health information, services, and products to motivate the adoption of healthy behaviours.
Job Title: Nutrition Advisor
Job ID: sfh-05758
- This position will support the design and implementation of high-quality nutrition interventions for the project and provide technical oversight nutrition programming activities in the across the 44 LGAs in Kano.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Monitor nutrition interventions implemented by the Project to ensure strategy and plans are followed.
- Provide programme technical support through frequent field visits to LGA’s and CSOs offices, presenting a report with recommendations.
- Ensure CSOs develop quality timely work plans and budgets according to the frequency requested by the project.
- Support training of CSO Project Nutrition Officers on nutrition or other related topics.
- Participate in technical meetings related to nutrition programmes, and document as well.
- Monitor and ensure accountability and participation mechanisms for adults and children are for the project.
- Observe principles of child rights programming in all activities related to nutrition programming including design, analysis, implementation and M& E with a particular focus on gender and diversity, children’s participation.
- Support CSO partners to produce timely high-quality reports and documentation both to meet donor and internal demands.
- Provide information and other communication materials for effective support of other departments by meeting service requirements.
- Contribute to policy development relating to nutrition and ensure consistency with SFH Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award Project.
- Provide support on technical initiatives, including performing literature searches, investigating key issues, and contributing to technical activities as required.
- Coordinate and facilitate training and support State level planning and activities for World Breastfeeding week and other nutrition activities as agreed in the annual work plan.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.