CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Nguru, Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Assistant Project Manager
- The Nutrition Officer will monitor and support the performance of nutrition activities.
- He/She will manage and train field level nutrition staff, performing on-going monitoring and support supervision, provide guidance to LGA partners on policy and methodology, program planning and staff capacity building. To coordinate the implementation of SAM, MAM and Infant and young child feeding practices and other nutrition programs.
- Assist the Program Manager to manage, train and develop the Nutrition team on nutrition screening and distribution
- Schedule the daily activities for Nutrition Community Mobilizers regarding screening, referral and follow up of SAM and MAM child under 5 years old.
- Ensure that Nutrition Data are reliable and correct
- Implement Infant Young Child Feeding messaging and care group mother model in both LGAs
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
- May represent CARE Nigeria in humanitarian coordination meetings, taskforces, clusters and technical working groups that are related to nutrition in emergency and recovery/resilience context.
- Given the stressful nature of Yobe security situation, which remains fluid and unpredictable and its high interpersonal and communication skills demands, the Nutrition Officer will need to be able to fit easily into a complex and highly operative team of various cultural backgrounds.