Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri, Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Nutrition team in Maiduguri.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
- Under the direct supervision of the CMAM supervisor, the Nutrition Officer will help organize and undertake nutrition education/sensitization and community screening activities at community level.
Role and Responsibilities
Implementation and Monitoring of the Activities:
- S/he will Participate in the identification of eligible project beneficiaries and Community Focal persons.
- S/he will participate in organising Project beneficiaries and Volunteers into groups and other Fora for dissemination of nutrition messages dissemination
- Participate in the planning for and implementation of trainings of the beneficiaries, volunteers and community Focal persons.
- Conduct household surveys, individual follow-ups and monitoring nutrition Education activities
- Train and support nutrition community focal points and Lead Mothers all along the project implementation
- Monitor the work of community volunteers under its responsibility
- Prepare Community level sensitization plans and topics in liaison with the supervisor.
- Analyze the humanitarian situation, taking protection problems into consideration/Do no Harm to the population.
- In liaison with supervisor, disseminate any relevant reporting tools to lead mothers and volunteers as may be required.
- Ensure OTP (Out-patient Therapeutic Program) beneficiary defaulter tracing and other forms of beneficiary follow-ups at community level.
- Work with Volunteers and Lead mothers to conduct Community screening and refferals for malnourished beneficiaries.
- S/he will be responsiible for project sensitization and Mobilization at community level.
- In Liaison with supervisor, Organize sensitizations sessions for the beneficiaries or community members according to the identified needs
- To Represent PUI at various SBCC related fora as may be required.
- Participate in assessments as may be required by the supervisor
- S/he will help nurture good collaboration between PUI and local community leaders
- Act as a liaison with the local population and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activities
- Help to ensure that beneficiaries and local populations both understand the project goals and actively participate in their implementation.
Communication and Reporting:
- Pass on any information or problems to his/her direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
- Address any issues on the field with the beneficiaries or the community members and tell the line supervisor
- Represent PUI at anytime and anywhere when s/he is in duty.
- Collect and Compile data, pictures and information from the field to present weekly internal reports to the supervisor
- Present weekly achievements, problems encountered and suggestion to improve the project implementation.
- S/he will help strengthen the Organization’s community Feedback and complains system.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her supervisor.
Logistic & Administration:
- Contribute to logistical and administrative organization of the activities
- Contribute to the definition of the needs in materials and tools regarding the program and the planning of interventions.
- Ensure the safety and good condition of all material provided by PUI
Specific Objective and Linked Activities:
- The Nutrition Officer will be responsible to ensure that educational messages are delivered to beneficiaries as per set targets and with the upmost quality regarding accuracy, efficiency and culturally sensitivity to optimize the adoption of healthier behavior among mothers of children under 5.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- To follow up the sensitization sessions delivered to the Mother Care Groups participants
- To ensure the quality of the messages delivered to the Mother care Group participants
- To report any issue face with the Mother care group participants
- To contribute to the qualitative reporting of the activities, especially data entry
- To contribute to the proper filing and archiving of all the sources of verification