Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Supervisor
Location: Yusufari, Yunusari & Nguru in Yobe State
Position Type: Regular
Duration: 4 months (extendable)
Slots: 2 per location
- S/he will be required to demonstrate strong competencies in operational leadership, coordination and management of assistance programs for (BSFP) for children under 5 and pregnant and lactating women (PLW) technical sectors as well as capacity building support in Borno State CARE project. Additionally, the Nutrition Supervisor will be tasked to monitor and evaluate nutrition Assistant on programs against CARE standards and indicators including data collection and monitoring of programme impact. In collaboration with other INGOs.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to Joint Assessment Missions (JAMs), nutrition surveys, food security assessments as well as implementation of the joint assessments (JAM) and nutrition survey recommendations.
- The Nutrition Supervisor will be required to mainstream the nutritional activities in line with CARE standards to this end, the nutrition supervisor will also provide guidance to LGA partners on policy and methodologies to enhance service delivery at the Host community and camp level.
- The Nutrition Supervisor is required to possess significant experience in inter-agency coordination in management of complex field based operations and emergencies, good knowledge of program management and solid experience in technical field of Nutrition. Proven ability to lead and coordinate the elaboration and implementation of operational plans, assistance operational frameworks, overall operational strategies and standard operating procedures are to be clearly manifested from previous work experience.
- The nutrition Supervisor is expected to have competencies of a skillful leader in guiding and supporting staff, addressing various operational challenges, along with increasing security concerns. Given the stressful nature of Yobe security situation, which remains fluid and unpredictable and its high interpersonal and communication skills demands, the nutrition Supervisor will need to be able to fit easily into a complex and highly operative team of various cultural backgrounds.