Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Monguno, Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Nutrition team in Monguno.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Supervisor
Location: Monguno, Borno
Slot: 2 Openings
- Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Nutrition Project Manager, the Nutrition Supervisor oversees all activities at the CMAM sites: screening, health education, treatment of and follow up of children with malnutrition and record keeping
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Overall lead in the CMAM treatment points.
- In liaison with medical staff refer for medication or dispense routine medication as per Nigerian protocol.
- Supevise malnutrition screening, admission and recording of beneficiary information.
- In liaison with Deputy Nutrition Project Manager, develop lists for home visits and defaulter tracing and share with Nutrition Supervisors for follow-up by Community Nutrition Mobilisers (CNM).
- Act as a liaison with the beneficiaries, local population and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activity
- To Represent PUI at various Nutrition related fora, as may be required.
- Any other duty as may be required by the supervisor.
- Participate in the recruitment of nutrition staff. Recruit and train daily workers
- Organise and supervise the day-to-day schedule of the team to guarantee the smooth running of the project and participate to the weekly tasks including drafting of the field work plans
- Make sure every members of the team clearly understand his/her task and has the necessary material to correctly fulfil his/her objectives
- Ensure the work schedules are respected in the field
- Organise regular meeting with his/her team (briefing and debriefing) and ensure they have the necessary support they need
- He/she participates in the evaluation and to the definition of the training needs of his/her team
- Ensure the proper training and supervision of the daily workers who take part in the project
- Ensure the security rules in the field are respected, the safety of the field officers is guaranteed and the regular communication with the security focal person is maintained.
- Analyze the humanitarian situation, taking protection problems into consideration/Do no Harm to the population
- Ensure representation of PUI at field level for the areas which s/he is responsible for
- Report immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the Supervisor.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Responsible for data collection and timely report compilation and submission
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her Supervisor
- S/he will be responsible for data keeping, analysis/interpretation and advice to the management on any trends that require action.
- Participate in assessments as may be required by the supervisor.
- Responsible for data management and record keeping at the CMAM centers.
- Participate and supervise any assessments for the projects or for new projects
- Propose action plan to ensure that beneficiaries and local populations both understand the project goals and actively participate in their implementation.
- Provide weekly internal situation reports
Logistic & Administration:
- Contribute to the definition of the needs in materials and tools regarding the program and the planning of interventions.
- Ensure the safety and good operating conditions of all PUI material of the field team
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools used during on-site works.
- Manage the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistics department.
- Analyze the security situation in the area and inform the Supervisor in case of security incidents, rumours or any security information.
- Responsible for tracking CMAM Project supplies and notifying the Nutritionist/logistics at appropriate time before stock depletion so that efforts for replenishment are made.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her Line Manager may judge necessary.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities:
- With the support of Deputy Nutrition Project Manager and Nutrition Project Manager ensure quality implementation of CMAM activities integrated with IYCF program.
- Actively support a functional referral system from identification of malnutrition cases from different sources including community, health posts and other partners operating in the area, to treatment and follow up of project beneficiaries
- Prepare and share quality and timely data and/or reports as requested by Nutrition Project Management
- Ensure that staffs understand duties and responsibilities in the working environment according to their job descriptions and internal HR guidelines
- Take part in preparing and conducting trainings and on-the-job mentoring of nutrition team
- Coordinate with the Nutrition Mangment team in addressing any relevant issues related to the routine project implementation
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Enhanced quality implementation of CMAM program according to global and national guidelines
- Quality data management and reporting of CMAM activities