The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center - Finance/Admin.
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Duration: Twenty-Two (22) Months
Building Resilience Through Sustainable Agriculture Phase 2 Project
- In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the project funded by European Union and German Government through GIZ (Journey to Self-Reliance - JSR). The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Support in the coordination of office management, activities and programs in project office.
- Carry out filing of relevant materials and project documents.
- Provide administrative support to program teams based in the project communities.
- Tracking and ensuring participants in training events sign attendance.
- Conducting and reporting pre-training venue inspections and work with hotel staff to prepare venues as required.
- Coordinate transport of training equipment and materials to venues ready for use.
- Tracking project pending actions, including following-up/reminding concerned staff.
- Update project operations files and staff contact list.
- Providing logistics and other support to program implementation
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.