Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Clerk
Location: Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Lagos, Yobe
Length of contract: 5-years
Role type: National Grade: 3
Travel involved: No
Child safeguarding level: TBA
Reporting to: Line manager: Admin officer
Country and Project Background
Malaria is highly endemic in Nigeria and it remains one of the leading causes of childhood and maternal morbidity and mortality in the country. Nigeria is deeply committed to making progress towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and it recognizes the fact that, without firm efforts to control malaria, achievement of the targets related to child mortality, maternal mortality, and reducing the burden of communicable disease will not be possible. Malaria therefore constitutes a significant development challenge for Nigeria. Interventions for reducing malaria burden in the country are documented in the national malaria strategic plan with Government taking the lead in its implementation with the support of all the RBM partners. The DFID funded and Malaria Consortium led malaria programme, SuNMaP, provided technical assistance and other support to the Nigeria National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP) covering the period 2008 to 2016.
The anticipated follow on project, SuNMaP2 has been designed to strengthen the management and technical capacity of NMEP, State Malaria Elimination Programme (SMEP) and their stakeholders to drive the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan, 2014 to 2020 and achieve its ambitious targets. This will include short term technical assistance and technical assistance embedded in NMEP in key areas of programme management, evidence generation and use, and capacity building across all project outputs and ultimately reducing Nigeria’s malaria burden and strengthening the Government of Nigeria’s health systems capacity to ensure long term programme and impact sustainability.
- The job holder will be responsible for all clerical and administrative support functional duties and activities of the programme.
Scope of Work:
- The Office Clerk will provide support for general Administrative and logistics support to the Program office. S/he will be responsible for providing administrative support in managing the office, documentations, mail correspondence and purchasing of office supplies.
- The office clerk is also responsible for manning the front desk and maintaining an updated register of office visitors; updated daily attendance sheet for all staff and ensure all documents are properly filled and archived always.
Key working relationships:
- The office clerk will support the SuNMaP 2 state program office in administrative and logistics functions.
Administrative Support 95%:
- To serve as a front desk officer, receiving visitors into the office and maintaining a visitor register
- Maintain contact information with approved contractors for the servicing of office equipment’s and other assets.
- Maintain updated records of all official correspondence and ensure mails are dispatched as at when due;
- Ensures that all office equipment’s are properly maintained on a regular basis and notify the Administrator when problems arise.
- Provide support in setting up filling system for the office, ensuring ease of storage and retrieval of documents
- Ensure proper management and maintenance of office stock by maintaining an updated stock register;
- Responsible for the supervision of the office cleaners and gardeners;
- S/he will be responsible for the purchase of office supplies, stationeries and other consumables for the office use;
Programme Support: 5%
- Provide support for meetings and workshops or events for effective programme delivery;
- Maintaining an updated record of events and travels itineraries to ensure proper delivery and satisfaction of service to the projects