Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Analyst
Billing Title: Operations Associate II
Grade: Level 13 (Analyst)
Responsible to: Operations Associate I
Responsible for: N/A
Propcom Mai-Karfi is a six-year DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in northern Nigeria. It now has a three-year and 9-month extension 2018-2021 to work in a reduced number of states from mid-2018:
- Tier 1 (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe);
- Tier 2 (Gombe, Taraba and Bauchi) and
- Partnership states (Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa).
- The Operations Associate II serves as part of the Project Management team. This team is responsible under the leadership of the Project Director for the management and support in the delivery of projects.
- The specific purpose of the position is to support the management and implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations
Scope Of Work
- The Propcom Mai-karfi Operation Associate II will be expected to provide support to the corporate project management team as well as the project teams in the execution of the day to day operational activities and provide surge support around the period of key deliverables required by both DFID and Palladium.
- Propcom Mai-Karfi staff work as part of an integrated team and as such, the Operations Associate II will be expected to contribute in other ways as directed by his/her line manager to the overall success of team/programme activities.
The Operations Associate II will be responsible for the following:
- Support spots checks and due diligence when required.
- Assist with project financial / cash-flow planning, process funding requests from the field and process monthly Funds Transfer Requests (FTRs).
- Prepare Payment Approval Request Forms.
- As needed support HR Manager while recruiting, contracting, and onboarding. Update of project files (HR, Procurement, DD, etc) on relevant online folders and systems.
- Assist with development of staff training plans and schedules on SoPs, company Policies & DFID rules.
- Update and maintain relevant data for international consultants and partners.
- Facilitate travel (Flights & Visas) process of international consultants.
- Assist in the Procurement cycle, adopting Palladium Standard Operational Policy ensuring that items procured exhibit clear value for money (lowest price and highest quality), fairness and transparency. Support the Security and Operations Manager to ensure that the procurement of all requested items is done in a timely manner to facilitate program and operational needs. Ensure efficient filing system is devised for operations documents.
- Support with sourcing for vendors: preparation of Request for quotation and Due Diligence on new vendors.
- Inspect all procured items and ensure that Good Received Note is done appropriately.
- Support in the assets’ management process: ensure a centralized asset register and inventory register maintenance; ensure that all office and program assets are logged; support on the disposal of programme items. For all assets, manage a tracking system and ensure all assets are issued with PM asset number and regular check are conducted on the Asset in line with DFID regulations.
- Assist with the conducting of pre-audit assets and inventory checks on all programme offices and residences and report any issues arising.