Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Job Title: Operations Research and Learning (ORL) Advisor
Job Reference Code: ORLA3920
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Program/ICHSSAA PHI
- The USAID/Nigeria funded Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA) is to ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
- The ICHSSA, which is implemented by Sustainable Reduction of HIV/AIDS Impact on OVC and their Households (SURE-Impact) project in Adamawa and Bauchi of Nigeria, seeks to improve the wellbeing of OVC and their caregivers in a coordinated and sustainable manner.
- CRS is a member of the ICHSSA 4 consortium with ProHealth International (PHI) as the lead. CRS will contribute to the Strategic Information, Household Economic Strengthening and Systems Strengthening component of the project, among others.
- The Operations Research and Learning Advisor will see to the day to day strategic knowledge management activities of SURE-Impact and manage a diverse research and evaluation portfolio in relation to Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) programs.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to provide an overall support to the implementation of overall Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) activities including operations research and learning agenda of the Project at Adamawa Project office, State Ministries of Women Affairs and Social Development (SMWASD) and among the CSO partners.
- The ORL Advisor, will ensure that data entry into national, PEPFAR and SURE-Impact project management information systems (MIS) - National OVC management information system (NOMIS), District Health Information System (DHIS), PEPFAR Data for Accountability and Impact (DATIM) and other MIS; are up to date at all times.
- S/he will collaborate with the MEAL teams of the project, State and the CSOs to ensure that accurate and high quality program data are collected and entered into the data management information platforms in a timely manner, and reports generated along with the narratives, to provide information for OVC programming and management decision making.
- In addition, s/he will support the training of CSO staff, promote program learning and sharing among staff, partners and stakeholders and encourage data utilization at all levels.
- Oversee the training of CSO staff in the use of OVC M&E tools and MIS systems including the NOMIS, DHIS, DATIM, etc.
- In collaboration with the SUR-Impact MEAL team, build capacity of CSO MEAL staff in understanding of OVC MER indicators and Nigeria custom indicators and how they are measured.
- Ensure CSO understand the information needs of project stakeholders and donors and adhere to system requirements. Also, that they understand the data requirements and data-gathering and reporting formats.
- As may be required from time to time, she/he will develop computer programs and troubleshoot databases to generate data, data tables and reports in order to respond to program and donor reporting requirements, on schedule and as the need arises.
- Ensure that CSOs enter accurate and high quality data and report on the MIS platforms on a timely basis or as may be needed.
- Visit partners on a scheduled basis to monitor their M&E activities.
- Work with contract M&E firm(s) in the implementation of data quality assessments and ensure that CSOs participate in the data quality assessment, understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations
- Collaborate with the M&E Manager in the analysis and report of CSOs’ data using any of the MIS required platforms on monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis to USAID and other stakeholders, as may be required.
- Collaborate with project management and CSO in planning, designing and undertaking program evaluations and special studies and support use of evaluation findings among key stakeholders
- Co-facilitate the training of data collectors to collect high quality data;
- Oversee and monitor data quality; manage, clean, and analyze all quantitative data; and support evaluation report writing;
- Coordinate meetings and liaise with USG staff, program staff, and research staff working across organizations to carry out the evaluation;