3Line commenced business with the primary aim of using technology to make financial services easily accessible to the financially excluded. We believe this is a basic human right, and 3Line is our platform for achieving this purpose. We do this by being a one stop shop for electronic payments service. Our infrastructure processes transactions across multiple electronic channels. We focus on four key areas: Card scheme (FreedomCard), Transaction Switching & Processing, Agent & Branchless banking and bespoke electronic payment application development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Unit Manager
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day technical activities of the operations unit. The focus is on a strategic, tactical and short term operations management, which means that he or she is responsible for the development, design, operation, and improvement of the systems that create and deliver the firms’ products and services. Manage the relationship with our technical partners.
- The Operations Unit Manager must ensure synergy in the Operations, understanding that syncing work in the Operations department is pivotal to the overall success of the business.
- Execute principal strategic objectives for the company as it pertains to the Core Operations.
- Develop Operational plans and procedures.
- Establish policies in the operations department that promote company culture and vision.
- Create operations program road map and ensure scope, schedule, and budget are established.
- Define project deliverable, milestones, and required tasks across the Operations Department.
- Forecast staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands.
- Drive Company’s operating capabilities to exceed corporate objectives.
- Monitor and key performance metrics across all the sub-units in the operations department.
- Conduct issue and risk analysis identifying roadblocks, assessing them systematically and developing recovery plans.
- Assess and implement improved processes across all sub-departments.
- Build easy to replicate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Oversee and manage weekly operations across all sub-departments.
- Prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting for the management team.
- Manage company operational costs and introduce tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
- Adhere to legal business requirements and enforce compliance, taking action when necessary.
- Delegate responsibilities to ensure team heads grow as capable participants.
- Motivate team heads to meet or surpass operation goals
- Coordinate performance reviews for operations team members in a prudent manner.
- Employ various initiatives to coach team members to optimize their capabilities.
- Manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability.
- Assist the CFO with financial projections and analyses of existing operations initiatives and policies.