United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operator, Security Operations Centre (SOC/O)
Job ID: 27207
Locations: Bauchi, Enugu, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Sokoto (with possibility of building a roster)
Practice Area - Job Family: Crisis Prevention and Recovery - Radio Operations
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
- Under the direct guidance and supervision of the SOC/Supervisor (SOC/S) and overall supervision of the respective FSCO, the SOC/O is assuring continuous and effective functioning of Security Communications System (SCS) and other operational communications related tasks to the implementation of safety and security for UN personnel within respective Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- The SOC/O is required to provide timely and accurate technical advice to SOC/S keeping the designated Security Area Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO) informed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- To ensure the undisrupted functioning of SCS within AOR.
- To ensure that the Area SOC keeps a 24/7 watch to collect all available info in their AOR and send it to the FSCO and the Senior SOC/S through the Country SOC.
- To monitors the security situation within AOR;
- To monitor/track/report UN movement and activities within given AOR.
- To maintain and update the Daily Staff List for respective AOR.
- To serve in the shift duty and operates SCS equipment installed in SOC.
- To maintain the availability of HF, UHF and/or VHF radio communication means for extreme emergencies.
- To provide technical communications support to SOC/S; to provide technical support to the maintenance, and repair of communications equipment.
- To advise SOC/S of practical means to enhance communication capability.
- To draft and disseminate the Security Information Threat (STIs) notices, alerts, warnings, advisories, and updates.
- To draft and disseminate Daily Media Monitoring Reports;
- Any other task directed by designated FSCO and SOC/S.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the accurate and timely implementation of the overall UN security program within given AOR through the functioning, effective, and efficient communications of information and instructions, particularly during emergency conditions.
- The functions and associated key results ensure UN policy compliance and practical capabilities throughout the AOR.