Pause Factory Resources Limited - Our client offering Medical, Surgical and Optical Ophthalmic Services seeks to recruit a competent and well experienced individual into the vacant position below:
Job Title: Optometrist
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
This is not limited to the following;
- Perform vision tests and analyze results.
- Promote eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear contact lenses
- Examine patients’ eyes courteously using observation, instruments, equipment and pharmaceutical agents.
- In charge of the day to day running of the optical department, keeping and providing record of activities.
- Administering, organizing and planning the development of the practice.
- Communicating with patients to get detailed case histories
- Examining the eyes of patients of all ages to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality or vision defects.
- Being aware of signs and symptoms of general health conditions (e.g. hypertension, asthma, ulcer, diabetes e.t.c).
- Refer patients to ophthalmologists if eye problems are beyond scope of practice.
- Offering advice to patients and reassuring them about vision-related matters.
- Offering help and advice for patients choosing frames and lenses.
- Liaising with other medical practitioners and sometimes sharing the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions.
- Meeting sales targets with regard to selling spectacles or contact lenses.
- Undertaking continuing education and training (CET).
- Managing staff, including dispensing opticians and clerical staff, and training junior staff.
- Managing the retail aspects of spectacles, contact lenses and other vision care products.
- Participate in outreaches.
- Ensure that all consumables needed are available and on time.
- Work with other team members to coordinate the camp/hospital
- Generate various reports.
- Drive business growth in your unit.
- Ensure all equipment’s are well used and maintained.
- Provide innovation solutions.
- Advising the management on new development in the eye care industry.
- You will be required to work at our other branches from time to time.
- You shall report to the Lead Optometrist or other assigned superior on daily basis, and carry out assignments given that will uphold the values of the department.
- All other duties assigned by the Lead Optometrist and SHL Management.