Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) is a health systems and public health consulting firm providing technical assistance for health systems reforms towards universal access to cost-effective and quality health care across Nigeria and the continent of Africa. HSCL has offices in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Zambia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Organisational Management Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Project Manager
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Expected Duration of Assignment: 18 months
- The Nigerian health system is weak and unresponsive as a result of years of grappling with poor infrastructure, inadequate equipment and technology, inadequate number and mix of healthcare workers, poor capacity of health sector stakeholders, poor information management/sharing mechanisms and under investment by the government.
- Against this backdrop, the country struggles in the move towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
- As many countries continue to progress towards the achievement of UHC goals, sustainable mechanisms for financing healthcare, improvements in human resources for health management and budget processes for health as well as strengthening systems for health accounts have been identified as crucial.
- The Global Fund’s Catalytic Health System Investment Programme for prioritised states in Nigeria including Kaduna, Imo and Oyo clearly identifies a number of key interventions to strengthen health systems in the focus states. These interventions include amongst others:
- Strengthen public financial management (PFM) capacity of the Ministries of Health in Kaduna, Imo and Oyo to develop, execute and advocate for realistic and evidence-based spending on health in line with international best practices;
- Conduct necessary actuarial analysis and roll-out/support of state health insurance schemes;
- Assess Health Labour Market; and,
- Carry out and update state health accounts.
- The Organisational Management Advisor will lead the development of options on organisational and operating structures including job descriptions for the State Contributory Health Agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review relevant laws, guidelines and other relevant documentation on the State Health Contributory Scheme and Agencies in the respective states (Kaduna, Imo and Oyo)
- Conduct a benchmark study of organisational of similar local and/or international health insurance agencies with a view to proposing options that are functional and reflect best practices and then, develop a report based on benchmark study findings.
- Develops strategic partnerships with relevant actors and proactively address and respond to Organizational Management issues by bringing key stakeholders together to assess root causes and performance gaps, implementing and/or supporting implementation of appropriate interventions, including strategic planning, tactical and project planning, facilitation, instruction, program design, materials development and performance analysis.
- Oversee the conducting of a situational analysis of the current organisational and operational structure (inclusive of organisational strategies) of State Health Contributory Scheme Agencies in the states with a view to proposing options that are functional and reflect best practices.
- Develop job descriptions, roles, responsibilities, workflow, reporting lines/organogram etc for positions in the revised organisational structure of the agency.
- Participate in meetings with relevant state stakeholders for the presentation on the revised organisational structure and developed job descriptions for the Agency.
- Develop a process catalogue for all the functions of the Agency and identify owners and operators of each process
- Conduct interviews with process owners and operators to articulate and validate inputs, tasks and outputs for each process
- Conduct sessions with process owners and operators to finalise and approve processes.
- Document Standard Operating Procedures for the Agency incorporating leading practices and technology requirements, where applicable
- Carry out other tasks as the Project Manager may assign