Palladium Group is a privately owned real estate company. Its core businesses are Portfolio and Development investments. The Group invests for its own account and in partnership with private and institutional investors. Its knowledge and expertise allow for a combination of efficiency and quality of life aspects through a global approach to residential and commercial projects. Palladium Group covers all facets of real estate, from urban and architectural design to ownership, development, asset and property management, as well as maintenance of single assets and portfolios. The Company started as a general contractor over a hundred years ago. In the twenties, the Company evolved by beginning to construct several buildings in Paris together with associated property management business activities to enhance and create additional synergies and value for the construction company. Through the years, the Group expanded its activities throughout Western Europe, particularly in Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands, as well as the United States and most recently into Saudi Arabia.
Job Title: PEA Virtual Training Consultant
Ref. ID: req8287
Location: Benin City, Edo
- The Stamping out Trafficking in Nigeria (SoTiN) is a 4-years DFID Nigeria programme which aims to change or reduce the behaviors, attitudes, and social norms in Edo State that drive or enable human trafficking and unsafe migration.
SoTiN seeks to achieve the impact that more effective Government and non-Government institutions reduce the drivers and enablers of unsafe migration and human trafficking through three components:
- Strengthened Edo State Government response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: more effective and innovative use of resources – human, financial, physical, political and network assets– supports a ‘whole of government’ approach to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking through social and attitudinal change.
- Improved coordination, innovation, and quality of NGO response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: better coordinated and more effective civil society tackling the drivers and enablers of human trafficking.
- A stronger evidence base for action in anti-slavery prevention, with learning platforms operating and informing policy and interventions: the use of evidence and sharing of best practices becomes embedded in ways of working, to deliver improved performance.
- SoTiN invites application from suitably qualified candidates to conduct Political Economy Analysis (PEA) training for the core team and downstream partners in Edo State, Nigeria.
The objectives of the 3 days virtual PEA course will include but not limited to the following.
- To equip participants with an action-oriented introduction to the key elements of political economy analysis (PEA) and highlight action points to enable them to make SoTiN implementation more effective using a PEA lens.
- Better understand what political economy analysis is, and the different operational contexts in which it may be effectively tailored.
- Better understand what tools and frameworks are available for political economy analysis and how they can be applied.
- Encourage the use of PEA in an iterative way through regular strategic review processes and improved programme management.
- Learning to better situate the SoTiN programme within the prevailing political and economic processes in Edo State, Nigeria
In delivering this task the consultant is expected to:
- Develop and share teaching and learning materials on Political Economy Analysis (PEA) for SoTiN team and downstream partners.
- Facilitate a 3-day virtual PEA training course on the use of PEA as a tool in understanding and resolving the problem of human trafficking and unsafe migration in Edo State.
- Produce the report from the 3 days virtual PEA training conducted
- Proffer recommendations on how PEA can be embedded or better underpin all SoTiN activities
- The successful candidate will be line and task managed by the SoTiN Programme Government Policy and Technical
- Advisor who is based in the project office in Benin City, Nigeria.