DEDA Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DEDA hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare service, especially to women, children and families. For over 6 years, DEDA hospital has provided Abuja, Nigeria and the International world with high quality, compassionate healthcare. Today, DEDA Hospital has thousands of patients, numerous staff and healthcare professionals.
Job Title: PERIOPERATIVE NURSE
Direct participation in surgical procedures;
- Assistance in clinical research and record keeping as required by the organisation
- Assess patients condition before surgery
- Control all equipment and material stock used in the Operating Theatre to ensure efficient and rational use of material resources
- Keep the operating room sterilized
- Position the patient on operating table
- Pass medical instruments to the surgeons during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs
- Evaluate postoperative patients
- Reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards
- Communicate with patients, teammates, and physicians to ensure continuity of care
- Manage sterilization of equipments
- Assist the surgeon and anaesthetist during the operation, anticipating their needs in order to facilitate their job
- Organise patient transportation from the Opearating Theatre to the recovery room and carry-out and/or supervise all the postoperative activities.
- Supervise and train the nurse aides and cleaners while following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to monthly reports according to guidelines (statistical reports, etc.)