Anadach Consulting Limited - Our client is a provider of world-class healthcare services for over 15 years in Lagos. The facility is a growing family practice that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high quality patient-centred family medicine.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Reports to: The Pharmacist
- As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient’s experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute in a rapidly growing organization.
- The selected candidate would be responsible for supporting operations within the Pharmacy by processing and dispensing medications, as well as proper inventory management of all drugs.
- He/she would be responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in the efficient running of the department in order to deliver quality services to all patients, whilst maintaining the global standards set by the management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare patient’s medications by assessing and interpreting drug requests on the Electronic Medical Record to verify all prescriptions.
- Maintain the drug inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock, assessing the most-needed medications and supplies, verifying receipts and removing all outdated drugs.
- Classify, package and label all pharmaceutical products and substances, and dispensing them in the appropriate quantities.
- Ensure the stocking of drugs in the clinic’s pharmacy by assisting the Pharmacist in procurement of quality drugs from trusted companies.
- Maintain the safety, order, and complete hygiene of the clinic’s pharmacy and pharmaceutical products at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all safety measures, procedures, rules and regulations of the clinic management.
- Ensure availability of medications by delivering medications to patients appropriately.
- Organize medications for the Pharmacist to approve and dispense by reading medications prescriptions, labelling and calculating drug quantities.
- Prepare reports by collating information and summarizing the cogent details.
- Assist in other required tasks assigned by the Pharmacist.