At Technology Care Limited, we set the standard for on-site computer solutions through fast service response. Our clients are always special and receive a high quality of affordable service delivery!.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician/Community Pharmacist
- Dispense prescription medicines to the public, ensure that different treatments are compatible check dosage and ensure that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labelled (Pharmacists are legally responsible for any dispensing errors)
- Supervise the preparation of any medicines (not all are supplied ready made-up by the manufacturer)
- Keep a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes
- Liaise with doctors about prescriptions, sell over-the-counter medicines
- Advise the public on the treatment of minor ailments, advise patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments
- Prepare dosette and cassette boxes, usually for the elderly, but also for those with memory/learning difficulties or who have several combinations of tablets to take, where tablets are placed in compartments for specified days of the week
- Undertake Medicine Use Reviews (MUR), an advanced service to help patients understand how their medicines work and why they have to take them
- Provide support through the New Medicine Service (NMS) to patients starting certain medicines to treat long-term conditions (England only), manage a needle and syringe exchange measure and fit compression hosiery offer specialist health checks, such as blood pressure and cholesterol monitoring and diabetes screening
- Run stop-smoking clinics and weight-reduction programmes, arrange the delivery of prescription medicines to patients manage, supervise and train pharmacy support staff, manage finance and budgets, keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses.