Conflict and differences are inevitable. Violence is not. We partner with people around the world to ignite shared solutions to destructive conflicts. We work at all levels of society to build sustainable peace through three main avenues: Dialogue+, Media+, and Community+.
Job Title: Photographer
About the project
Search is implementing the Advancing Religious Tolerance (ART. 38) project which aims to strengthen engagement between key stakeholders to advance conversations and responses on Religious Freedom or Belief (FORB) as a powerful force for interfaith understanding and peace to promote tolerance and address interfaith conflict by working with religious communities to collaborate in developing initiatives that curbs violent narratives tied to religious conflict in Nigeria through positive public messages of religious pluralism and respect of human rights.
Background of Assignment
In line with Objective 2.3 of the Advancing Religious Tolerance (ART.38) Project - Media Peaceful Religious Narrative – that will contribute towards the development of a media campaign utilizing messaging that promotes interfaith cooperation, coexistence and countering violent rhetoric. Peace messages recorded in video formats as well as photos will be developed with the goal of adding to content of media peace campaigns, and will be disseminated across Search’s media platforms.
- We are looking for a Photographer whose overall objective is to produce a photo catalogue and 5-minute video documentary of the ART.38 Project activities as well as the project beneficiaries.
In close collaboration with the SFCG team:
- Produce a photo brief, to also include a plan and sequence to produce a photo catalogue.
- Executing the entire production process including ensuring that the proper tools, equipment and systems are utilized including concept development, photography equipment (filming, sound, lighting, staging etc), post-photography editing, effects, captions, etc.)
- Capture and produce HD Quality Actions Photos of beneficiaries and participants, with all narratives or captions of the photos included.
- Visit the actual locations of the subjects and prime project activities in Abuja, Kogi, Gombe, Bauchi, and Kaduna States Nigeria, to conduct one-on-one interviews, to obtain excerpts for interviews, photos and other visual resources
- Determine what will be an ideal location, backdrop, environment to shoot footages for picture output.
- Share a pre/post-production footage for comments and feedback from the Search team and possibly the subjects in the source materials themselves.
- Produce a series of High Definition (HD) photos into a catalogue detailing the key outcomes from the ART.38.
- Project including project activities across Northern Nigeria States, context resources, success stories/stories of change, as well as relevant portrayals of the personal lives and motivations of beneficiaries, which will eventually feed into a mini-documentary.