Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, is a school dedicated to educating the total person - intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physical Education Teacher
Supervisor: Deputy Principal
- Position is responsible for creating a classroom environment that fosters, promotes and develops an understanding of the relationship of healthy body function and exercise; that motivates each student to cultivate physical fitness, and appropriate social and emotional adjustment; that discovers and develop talents of students in physical achievement; and that develops strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual or team sports, utilizing curriculum designated by Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course and SOL standards; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behaviour to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school property.
- Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Supervises students in out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administers testing in accordance with division testing practices.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities.
- Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including PTA, student clubs and after-school activities.
- Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.