BitPesa is a pan-African platform redefining how businesses make payments to and from sub-Saharan Africa. Focused on using cutting-edge blockchain technology to increase efficiency across markets, BitPesa opens corridors for business payments and trade between Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy & Governance Manager - Financial Crime
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To conduct analysis of regulatory guidance, impact assess this and produce policy and procedures for BTC Africa SA that ensure the Company complies with legal and regulatory rules, guidance and industry best practice in relation to Financial crime/Money laundering
- There is a requirement to maintain a programme of governance to ensure that these policies and procedures are being adhered to across the Partnership and third-party administrators on a continuing basis.
- As part of senior management responsibility under Anti Money Laundering regulations, this role will provide assurance that BTC Africa SA have appropriate policy and procedures in place with appropriate governance and oversight of the Partnerships, third party administrators and wider business.
- Develop the Policy & Governance function of the BTC Africa SA Financial Crime Team.
- Maintenance of BTC Africa SA Financial Crime Policies for; Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Funding, Fraud Prevention, Anti-bribery & Corruption.
- Researching, impact assessing and implementing regulatory changes and industry best practice relating to financial crime and recommending appropriate actions to implement those changes.
- Maintaining the BTC Africa SA Financial Crime Risk Framework, conducting risk assessments, drafting local procedures and building MI to evidence the mitigation of identified risks to an acceptable level or the existence of issues requiring action.
- Undertaking of "spot checks" and ongoing oversight activity for financial crime related operational processes across the Partnership and wider Group Companies.
- Escalation of findings of risk assessments and spot checks to appropriate management.
- Representing the financial crime function on project work to ensure financial crime risks are understood and appropriate processes and controls are designed, implemented and maintained.