Old Mutual Nigeria consists of a Life Assurance and General Insurance business and provides a wide spectrum of insurance solutions tailored to meet unique individual and corporate clients' circumstances.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy Retention Assistant
REF: 1101/NIGE/EU/POLICY RETENTION ASSISTANT/Nigeria/290618
Contract: Temporary / Contract
- This role is individually accountable for assisting a variety of clients telephonically, electronically or face to face, in accordance with business, process and compliance rules
- This role is accountable for all client retention efforts within the Retail Mass Market Cluster.
- Provides telephonic, electronic and face-to-face service to customers and intermediaries.
- Make calls to Customers informing them about the status of their RMM policies and renewable policies according to the standard operating procedure.
- Handles customer objections swiftly and appropriately ensuring maximum retention at all times.
- Assists other team members when necessary (i.e. following up to close a renewal or sales leads).
- Some technical knowledge required on GI and Life products together with knowledge of the processes involved.
- Performs any other function assigned by Line Manager.
Key Result Areas
Business Retention Monitoring:
- Where possible, create further interest in the company's services by inviting customers to use all services and take up products offered.
- Seek referrals from satisfied customers and direct same to the appropriate sales channel for follow-up and closing.
- Conduct a daily review of the status of existing policies to ensure retention of customers.
Building New Retention Capabilities:
- Reduce policy cancellations/ surrenders by proffering alternative solutions to Customers who intend to surrender or cancel their policies.
- Timely resolve Customer Complaints resulting from policy renewals, cancellations or surrender.
- Contribute ideas for the improvement of standards and services.
- Escalate and Redirect complex and technical issues to the Unit head or team leads.
Client Retention Activities:
- Engage with Customers on cancellation/ surrender requests to gain insight to the reasons for their request.
- Follow-through with all failed payments by contacting customers through all the approved available communication channels.
- Provide data feedback to all sales teams on premium collection status.
- Provide a high level of personalized Customer service experience to all Customers.
- Update all daily interactions with customers on the Renewal/ RMM policy retention spreadsheet.
- Update the Renewal / Policy retention database with changes and status of each customer.
- Daily track policy renewals.
- Relationship building - Initiates, maintains and manages relationships with third parties in relation to client retention
- Provide weekly reports for policy status trends on OIPA and TIA.