Qualifications, Experience and Qualities
- Applicants must possess a good Honours Degree not lower than Second Class Lower and a Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized Institution, a Ph.D Degree would be an added advantage.
- The applicants must have a minimum of 18 years post qualification cognate work experience in the Polytechnic sector, five of which must be on the rank of Chief Librarian.
- Applicants should not be more than 59 years of age at the time of assumption of duty in March, 2020.
- They must be morally sound, of impeccable character and physically fit.
- Membership of Library Professional Bodies and registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) are also necessary and must be computer literate.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a single term appointment for a period of five years.
- Conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of Federal Polytechnics
- The salary package is similar to the approved package by the National Salaries, Income and Wages Commission for Polytechnic Librarians of Federal Polytechnics.
Application Closing Date
8th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and 20 copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full Name;
- Place and Date of Birth;
- State of Origin;
- Local Government Area;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Contact Address;
- Phone Number;
- E-mail Address;
- Academic and professional qualifications with dates (copies attached);
- Statement of work experience including full details of former and present posts;
- Name and Address of three referees.
Applicants are also to provide their Vision Statements for the Polytechnic Library in the next five years with particular reference to relevant materials requisition (not more than 500 words);
All applications with applicants indicating on the top left corner of the envelope: “Post of the Polytechnic Librarian” and referees' confidential reports should be forwarded to:
The Federal Polytechnic, Idah,
P.M.B 1037, Idah,