The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority ("NSIA"), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011, is mandated to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure and providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Stabilisation Fund, the Future Generations Fund and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Portfolio Manager, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund
Ref No: ES0094
- Reporting to the Head, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring prudent investment of the Infrastructure Fund in projects such as power generation, distribution and transmission, agriculture, dams, roads, rail, airports etc.
- Build and manage a well-balanced investment portfolio aimed at achieving target risk-adjusted returns.
- Identify viable infrastructure projects and advise management on investment decisions based on sound analyses.
- Champion the valuation and structuring of infrastructure deals.
- Proactively monitor and supervise the portfolio activity, providing up-to- date report to management.
- Provide up-to-date analysis of portfolio activities.
- Provide market insight on a regular basis to share with other portfolio managers and executive management.
- Plan and implement exit strategies for all holdings in the portfolio ensuring the Authority can exit from its investment on a timely and seamless basis.
- Liaise with investment risk managers to appropriately assess the risks facing the portfolio in order to define mitigating strategies.
- Build strong relationships with external counterparties (BPE, ICRC, State and Federal Ministries), investors and gain insight into market dynamics.