Abuja Clinics was established in 1989 as a health institution to provide efficient medical services to the then budding Federal Capital Territory (FCT). From humble beginnings it has grown into a group of 3 hospitals located in Karu, Garki and Maitama districts of the FCT . The group possesses advanced medical equipments to assist its team of highly qualified and dedicated health personnels. These equipments include but are not limited to the 64-slice CT scan unit, 4D-Ultrasonography, Mammography unit with stereotatic biopsy and Intra-operative C-arm fluoroscopy allowing for excellent diagnosis and cure. The hospital renders services in all major fields of medicine such as: Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Internal Medicine, Radiology and Dentistry.
Job Title: Principal Accountant
- Coordinate preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Contact person to the Clinics' bankers and handle routine banking transactions and treasury functions efficiently.
- Ensure safe-keeping of security documents- receipts, cheque books, bank tellers, etc.
- Ensure adherence to controls put in place to protect the Clinics' assets.
- Oversees annual budget process, direct and control comprehensive budget preparations.
- Co-ordinate subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices, standards, new policies and keep employees abreast of changes.
- Develop, maintain and implement financial policies, protocols and procedures.
- Advise on corporate financial position and control necessary to secure strong financial management.
- Analyze, interpret data and develop reports for the management reflecting internal economic conditions and trends.
- Work with ICT unit to ensure optimization of financial information system for reporting.
- Ensure an efficient and result oriented debt management and collection policies.
- Supervise preparation of payment vouchers for overseas payment and payment through bank direct debit or opening of LC for overseas purchases.
- Supervise provision of information to Cost and Management Department for their analysis and reports.
- Oversees reconciliation with external Creditors and Debtors.
- Provide all document and information required by external Auditors to ensure Annual Report is presented.
- Provide all document and information required by company's Tax Consultants to ensure settlements of company's income Tax.
- Coordinate correspondences with third parties.
- Attend meetings for negotiation with external funds providers.