Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Private Sector Consultant
- With financial support from Unitaid via Population Services International, Jhpiego is implementing Phase 3 of the STAR Initiative, a 18-month project to catalyze HIVST adoption, availability, and use in Nigeria.
- Through the Unitaid-funded STAR Initiative, HIV self-testing (HIVST) has proven to provide an opportunity to reach, test, and diagnose or prevent infection in populations that are considered unreachable by use of traditional testing approaches.
- In Nigeria, STAR will support the Government of Nigeria to develop and adapt policy guidelines for the adoption of HIV self-testing and support the integration of HIV self-testing within the existing health care systems.
- The Private Sector Consultant will work under the supervision of the Project Director and will lead the implementation of the private sector driven activities for the STAR project.
- He/ She will be responsible for developing innovative strategies to implement a total market approach for HIVST implementation in the country and will ensure effective linkages to confirmatory testing services and treatment services as applicable.
The key tasks for the private sector consultant will include:
- Develop a Theory of Change for the total market approach for HIVST in Nigeria and lead its implementation.
- Conduct a private sector mapping/assessment for HIVST in targeted states to identify gaps and opportunities for HIVST distribution and implementation in the private sector.
- Periodically engage and sensitize key players of the relevant segments of the private sector on HIVST procurement, distribution and implementation.
- Periodically engage with key regulatory agencies of the private sector on addressing regulatory barriers to HIVST implementation in the private sector.
- Lead STAR’s private sector engagement strategy development, advocacy, and implementation efforts for HIVST
- Support the project team to develop innovative public private partnerships to create demand for HIVST
- Facilitate support systems to ensure effective referrals and linkages for confirmatory testing and treatment
- Advocate for data collection, reporting and use on HIVST by the private sector
- Build capacity and provide technical assistance on HIVST to appropriate private sector entities as required.
- Interface with NASCP, PEPFAR and GF on addressing barriers to HIVST implementation in the private sector.
- Produce program reports on activities as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the project director.