Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 45 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Private Sector Specialist
- CNFA is currently seeking qualified candidates for Private Sector Specialist for an USAID-funded Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services Activity in Nigeria.
- The project is anticipated to build the capacity of private extension service providers, strengthen linkages between agricultural research institutions and agricultural value chain stakeholders, and leverage resources from private sector to enhance the scalability and sustainability of extension and advisory services in Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and execute the overall private sector strategy for the Activity to track the achievement of activity results on private sector engagement;
- Develop strategic alliances with federal and FtF focus state ministries, departments, and agencies, the private sector, and other stakeholders towards leveraging resources from private sector to enhance the scalability and sustainability of extension and advisory services in Nigeria;
- Maintain close working relationships and ensure co-ordination and integration of approach and plans with Activity interventions; and
- Other duties as assigned.