SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Artisan, Utilities
Reference Number: SAB-527
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide specialist support to the shift-based teams during operations.
- Where required, assist as a functional expert in problem solving.
- Where required, provide guidance and advice to the shift-based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes
- Provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams
- Take part, as functional expert, in regional and central office plant optimization trials
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner
- Where scheduled work cannot be completed, feed back to the maintenance planner for direction.
- This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritizing outstanding work
- Assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks in during planned maintenance windows. Partake in maintenance postmortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learnings from maintenance activities
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem solving techniques.
- If required, additional resources may be called in to assist.
- Where problems have been uncovered, and it is required to include the work in the planned maintenance schedule, this must be communicated to the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the Technician in accordance with the CM schedule
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Where required, specialist assistance may be called in. This may include internal resources such as Instrument Technicians, or external resources such as Contractors or Suppliers
- Where repairs indicate that major work is required, such as re-wiring a motor, this must be transferred to the engineering workshop for attention.
- Verify that where running repairs have been carried out, this has addressed the problem
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the Technician has carried out. This includes all SAP inputs
- Where running repairs cannot be carried out, communicate this to the Maintenance Planner to ensure the work is planned into the next planned window
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem solving approach to resolve
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Maintenance Planner or Engineer for direction
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request Take part, as functional expert, in FFA's on request
Housekeeping and Safety:
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate SAB policies and procedures Carry out houskeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties.