SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Operator, Brewing
Reference Number: SAB-509
Work Level: Junior
- Opportunity exists for a highly skilled Process Operator, Brewing. The Successful candidate will be responsible for operation of the brewing and associated process areas, the execution of quality control checks and analyses, including coaching of other team members and supporting the Brewing Technician and Artisan in carrying out asset care activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operating And Process Control:
- Operating manual equipment in Brewing process areas according to the work instructions and supporting the plant control system under instructions of the E&F Technician Artisan.
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target and recording short stops. Where process performance does not meet target, or trends or opportunities timeously. indicate the existence of problems, corrective action must be initiated.
- Recording waste and movement of product on the appropriate documentation or information systems and reviewing waste trends to identify problems * Carrying out the required quality checks as described in the quality control and analyses work practice.
- Responding rapidly to upstream or downstream triggers that could result in quality or production problems.
- Appropriate problem-solving approaches, as detailed in the problem-solving work practice must be followed.
- Performing housekeeping tasks, applying 4s principles and following safe work practices.
- Unsafe work practices must be identified and corrected.
- Assisting fellow team members in the execution of their tasks.
Maintenance Of Plant And Equipment:
- Carrying out in-depth cleaning, lubrication and inspection of equipment according to the work instructions and in accordance with the maintenance schedule. Performing simple autonomous maintenance tasks (e.g. replacement of simple valves), in accordance with the maintenance schedule, and where required requesting the assistance of the E&F Process Artisan.
- Identify defective plant, and report these through to the Process Artisan or Team Leader for resolution. Assisting the Process Artisan in executing running repairs on shift.
Quality Control And Analysis:
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses and recording the results on the appropriate information system.
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions. Where quality problems have arisen, apply the 5Y's and quick fix routines to resolve.
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. making use of the gap list to record issues, problems and improvement opportunities.
- Fully understand the team goals and participate in team goal review sessions.
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues.
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated.
- Where problems occur, use 5Y's and quick fix routines to identify the possible origin and report these to the Process Artisan for resolution.
- Provide information to teams carrying out problem solving or FFA's as required.
- Identify sources of waste and report these to the Team Leader.